Kalamazoo is a producer of security and general printed material. We recognise the importance and expectations of our own staff, suppliers, customers and the community that Kalamazoo take appropriate actions and processes to protect our environment whilst maintaining product quality.
We provide services in a responsible manner that takes into consideration our planets environment, protective of its natural resources and of our employee’s and visitor’s health and safety.
We are committed to managing our environmental effects and waste in compliance with our legal obligations – as a minimum. Furthermore we strive to continually improve all our operations and specifically commit to:
- Working to achieve the environmental expectations of our staff, customers, suppliers and local community.
- Apply best practice standards for environmental management.
- Improve efficiency of operations to minimise water and raw material use, energy consumption, waste and pollution generation; in particular to;
- Pursue a policy of adopting environmentally friendly technologies, eco-friendly products and working processes.
- Reducing the use of volatile organic compounds and preventing solvents from entering the atmosphere.
- Recycle all possible products including – wastepaper from the office and manufacturing operations, packaging and plastic, aluminium plates, waste film and photographic chemicals.
- Create awareness among our staff and suppliers of the potential environmental effect of operations with which they are involved, and how they can work towards minimizing these environmental effects.
- Continue to conduct regular assessments and monitoring of the environmental effects of our manufacturing to identify potential areas for improvement, and to follow through with programs to achieve these improvements.
Green Stamp Certification
We are an approved Green Stamp print solution, which ensures we implement best practice initiatives including recycling, the use of environmentally friendly sensitive inks and chemicals, and more resource efficient systems.
In 2019 we introduced solar power to our production facility and head office.
By making conscious decisions that are more environmentally friendly, we can help make a difference. Every little bit counts.